Provocative images that sear your mind, heart-breaking photos of grief and pain - these are some of the powerful images on display at the World Press Photo Singapore exhibition. Hailed as the Oscars of photo-journalism, the World Press Photo exhibition features award-winning images captured by press photographers, photojournalists and documentary photographers around the world. The exhibition which has toured the world showcases images from significant moments of 2014 and is presented by The Straits Times.
Talks by Award-Winning Photographers
- 10am - Telling stories from the grassroots by Sim Chi Yin
- 12pm - Men, Masculinity and Violence. A case study in eastern Congo by Pete Muller
- 2om - Approach & Engagement by Sarker Protick
- 11am - Behind the scenes of disaster reportage by Kevin Lim. Evolution of newspapers photographers by Neo Xiaobin
- 1pm - Shooting Singapore: Telling stories about our community by Desmond Lim. Sea, Air and Land: photographing the SAF's elite by Alphosus Chern
To register, go to www.straitstimes.com/tags/st-world-press-photo Please note that all sessions are on a first-come, first-served basis
Free guided tours are available on weekends from 30 Jan – 21 Feb, at 11am and 2pm. Meeting point is at the start of the exhibition.
Image: Bulent Kilic, Turkey, Agence France-Presse
Girl wounded during clashes between riot police and protestors, Istanbul, 12 March